Keep Dallas Observer Free
Support the independent voice of Dallas and help keep the future of Dallas Observer free.
Sen. Ted Cruz enraged constituents yet again this week when he was caught catching a flight to Cancún with his wife, Heidi, and their daughters. Texans continued to suffer below-freezing temperatures and massive power outages while Cruz was seemingly off to vacation under the Mexican sun.
Cruz returned the next day, however, showing his undying support for Texas in the most overtly symbolic of ways: by donning a Texas flag face mask. It was all a big misunderstanding, Cruz said, as he’d only flown to another country briefly to drop off his family and totally hadn’t flown back only because going on a vacation while there’s a crisis in the state you represent is an unwise PR move, especially for a man with designs on the White House.
Through some relentless independent research, however, we were able to find the real reasons Cruz returned to Texas.
1. He’d forgotten to bring his “I really don’t care do you? “ jacket.
2. His all-inclusive hotel didn’t include free porn.
3. He got an alert for an Amazon package arrival and didn’t want to risk it getting stolen.
4. He was really on a secret plastic surgery trip but the doctors said they could not make him look “more like Stormy Daniels.”
5. He forgot he left his garage door open.